- Colombiatex de las Americas closes with approximately USD $326M in business expectations.
- During these three days, around 21,924 national and international visitors attended the Tradeshow.
- The Inexmoda – UPB Knowledge Pavilion hosted almost 8,229 people, and the Trends Forum, 1,155.
Within the Framework of Colombiatex de las Américas Began the Business Conference of the Fashion System
On this second day of Colombiatex, began the first Business Conference surrounding the Fashion System, a scenario led by ProColombia in alliance with Medellin Mayor’s Office and sponsored by Inexmoda, which pursues the creation of business opportunities by favoring dynamics that allow exhibitors to open their markets world-wide, a place where they can introduce their exportable supply to international buyers from more than 16 countries.
«The Mayor’s Office joins this Business Conference due to the fact that Colombiatex de las Américas is one of the most influential Tradeshows for the city in terms of business, and that is also one of the strongest bets on the Fashion System. Antioquia holds almost 50% of the national production of all kinds of goods related to apparel, textiles, design and fashion. For this reason, the Mayor’s Office, within its strategy to approach different markets has made an alliance with ProColombia to present the first Business Conference of the Fashion System. We foster spaces and platforms for entrepreneurs to close business deals, to push the industry forward and, consequently, create new job opportunities, » added Maria Fernanda Galeano, Secretary for Economic and Social Development of Medellin Mayor’s Office.
The Inexmoda – UPB Knowledge Pavilion encourages experimentation in 2017
Inexmoda, within the framework of Colombiatex de las Américas 2017, decided to bet on the #NewGame, core concept for the Tradeshow that also took over the Inexmoda – UPB Knowledge Pavilion during these three days, reassuring the significance of keeping an open mind to innovation, as well as being connected with the ever-changing environment of textile apparel-industry among the assistants.
On its last day, this academic scenario of 21 conferences and 15 experimental workshops (Thursday, January 26th,) seeks to put «theory into practice, » and to put the talent of those interested in the Fashion System to test. This space will have the support of experts and entrepreneurs that wish to share their knowledge on subjects related to the consumer’s emotions, products and services development, and validation of new business models.
«We want to co-create and to strengthen the Fashion System in a merged type of way, in order to get students, self-starters and entrepreneurs to develop effective competing abilities for this industry, one of the most evolving industries in the world, and that, likewise, brands and companies become more competitive by using structured business models that aim to address and solve their consumers’ real problems, » added Luz Adriana Naranjo, directress of Strategic Transformation for Inexmoda.
Denim, a Historical Fabric That Has Transformed the Industry and That Still Prevails in Colombiatex
The Denim Day of Colombiatex de las Américas vibrated with the visitors during the second day of the Tradeshow. For five years, Inexmoda has paid tribute to this revolutionary fabric that has made history in the fashion world due to its impact and evolution through countless generations, managing to adapt itself to the different lifestyles of the consumers.
«One could say that this ‘fantastic adventure that takes place today began in 1871, when Levi Strauss officially registered a patent on the garment that later on would be called jean, name that remains to these days. Around its conception and throughout the times, a lifestyle, a way to dress has been developed. The essence of denim (its distinctive Indigo color) and its specific fabric, has managed to remain throughout the years. It has been able to adapt to the times, to the needs, to trends, without losing its essence, nonetheless. It is a timeless, iconic garment. It has no age. It’s democratic, » stated Carlos Mario Gómez, director of Marketing for Levi’s Colombia.
Denim in numbers
In 2016, according to the numbers collected by the Fashion Observatory Inexmoda – Raddar, the national accrued balance for denim was COP$14,1 trillion divided as follows: COP$9,5 trillion on jeans wear for men consumption; COP$3,9 trillion on jeans wear for women; and COP$662 thousand million on jeans wear for children. The five main cities with the highest denim consumption in 2016 were: Bogota with COP$2,9 trillion; Medellin, COP$1,1 trillion; Cali, COP$642 thousand million; Barranquilla, COP$500 thousand million; and Bucaramanga, COP$313 thousand million.
- With many garments made in this material and looks for all tastes and styles, Denim Day hit Colombiatex de las Américas this Wednesday 28th January.
- There were many blues and ‘classic’ jeans, but there were also denim skirts, jackets, handbags, satchels, shirts to name but a few, all in a whole spectrum of colours.
- Inexmoda invite all those who visit the Tradeshow on its second day to wear at least one item of denim.
- The Trends Forum gets even better with the Denim Review, an in-depth look at one of the most important textiles in today’s fashion.
- Thanks to its UFI certification, Colombiatex de las Américas is concretizing is position as a truly international event.
- Colombiatex of the Americas, held from 21st to 23rd January closed USD$266,9 million in business expectations, 75 % more than previous year.
- 26.149 visitors attended and toured the trade Show during the three days and entered the Knowledge Pavilion.
- 1.760 International buyers from 41 countries and 9.168 national buyers visited the Show in order to boost business in the sector.
- The new space at Colombiatex, Fash.Mob., proved to be the ideal industry scenery to bond with the final user.
- Many accepted the invitation to the Denim Day. Casual looks with jeans full denim outfits are walking the halls of the Plaza Mayor.
- In Denim Review, there are processes on the finished product, personalization of garments, and various types of development of this material, which make it a final consumer’s favorite.
- To “share the love for indigos” Denim Lovers come together as a group of companies which have the elements that bring a particular language to a garment, and show their work at Denim Review.
- As a social and business space, where industry and creativity get together through unconventional displays, Colombiatex of the Americas 2014 introduced the Fash.Mob. for the first time.
- Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, from noon on, fashion performances will be held at the plaza of Colombiatex of the Americas, as an invitation to go beyond limits and highlight all links in the textile chain.
- On Wednesday 22nd, denim takes the Show. Attendees will wear their best denim outfit to pay tribute to this textile base all day long, and at night, the gastronomy, music and entertainment will be the stars of the D-Night big party.